Hotspot is Not Detected in my Mobile Phone

Computer Tips & Tricks forum

Hotspot is Not Detected in my Mobile Phone

Postby John » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Why Hotspot is Not Detected in my Mobile Phone or Other Wi-Fi Device(s)?
John Abraham
John

Re: Hotspot is Not Detected in my Mobile Phone

Postby John » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:16 pm

If you are able to create hotspot successfully and your mobile handset (or other devices) does not detect the hotspot in available network list, this may be mostly because your hotspot is created as an wireless Ad-Hoc network. To confirm the same open "Wi-Fi hotspot Settings" in setting window and check the information displayed against the field "Mode". If mode is "Wireless Ad-Hoc Network" then it is possible that the device you are trying to connect does not support the same. Most Android devices does not allow user to connect to wireless Ad-Hoc network.
In order to detect the hotspot in your device, it must be created in "Wireless Access Point" mode. Windows 7 and above versions supports this feature. So if you are using Windows Vista or older versions please upgrade the same to Windows 7, to solve your problem.
If you are facing this problem even in Windows 7, then it might be because the drivers for your Wi-Fi network card does not support the feature. Upgrading the driver for your Wi-Fi network card should solve such problem in most of the cases. To upgrade your Wi-Fi driver please refer to the Wi-Fi card vendor or the laptop vendor website.
John Abraham
John

Return to Computer Tips & Tricks